Distance Traveled Podcast featuring Dean Coon
About me: Hi, my name is Smit Patel. I am a senior Biomedical Engineering major. Through my education in biomedical engineering, mathematics, and literature, my experience in communications and public relations, and a future doctorate degree, I hope to create teams and programs that positively impact communities to transform them into self-sustainable, thriving centers of the industry. I love reading books, talking to people, and all things stand-up comedy. Above all, my mission is to spread kindness, laughter, and happiness.
Why I took on this project: Distance Traveled is a platform to signify the lessons learned from the literal and metaphorical journeys of amazing individuals. I have always wanted to inspire and motivate people to do the impossible, the unachievable. This podcast is my way of helping others find and follow their paths regardless of the outcomes and adversities. And perhaps I too can figure out my calling as I talk to these champions.
This episode: Here I interview Dean Lynda Coon of the University of Arkansas Honors College about her incredible journey!